The EBU has signed a deal with digital and broadcast sports specialist Deltatre to act as partners for the delivery of next level Digital and TV sport content for the use of sports federations and rights-holders broadcasters.
The partnership aims at offering wider reach for new audiences enhancing first screen experience as well as the second-screen and direct-to-fans digital channels, through a vast range of new services in a combined turnkey solution:
- At operational venues, collection of in-game data and production of digital content directly generating among alia, data feeds, digital live streams, near-live video clips and graphics assets.
- Delivery of broadcast quality as well as digital content from the venues, leveraging the Eurovision satellite and fibre networks, as well as making use of cloud-based solutions for secure real-time access, storage and editing.
- Publication of all digital content (live feed, clips, data and graphics) through cloud origins and APIs.
- Deployment of dedicated private infrastructure at the venue and at the broadcasters’ premises (EBU box) to ensure delivery and repository of all live and quasi-live content produced at-venue as well as non-live complementary content from archives and/or other sources.
- Innovative direct to fan, white-label digital solutions to deliver more of the content produced on-venue beyond the multilateral production.
Ultimately the Parties together are uniquely positioned to offer innovative services for sports federations, rights-holders broadcasters to enhance the viewing experience of the public on all multi-media platforms (first screen, OTT, web, mobile, 2nd screen, etc) through advanced and highly customizable technological solutions.
It is a significant step forward for the sport media industry," said Stefan Kürten Director of the Sport and Business Department of EBU. “We are thrilled to join forces with Deltatre, tap into their extensive sports expertise and, together, leverage sport consumption across all platforms.”
“Our ability to deliver highly secured feeds, both video and data, as well as our advanced technical infrastructure at both ends of EBU’s global private transmission network, when combined with deltatre’s experience and capabilities in the digital world, provide a service solution that is unique in the marketplace today “ added Graham Warren, Director of Network at EBU.
“Our successful collaboration with EBU began last August, through the UEFA Next Generation Digital Production and services program, which brings unprecedented new value to fans and broadcasters. We want to expand what we already have done together in football to many other sports." said Gilles Mas, Digital Host Services Director at Deltatre.
"In our continuous search for innovative ways to enable federations and broadcasters thrive in the digital transformation age, we are convinced that the partnership with EBU will connect Deltatre right at the centre of the distribution network," added Carlo De Marchis, Chief Marketing and Product Officer at Deltatre.