Special Events Senior Producer
Youssef El Alfy
Special Events Senior Producer
Head of Special Events:
71st Cannes Film Festival
08-19 May 2018
The 71st Festival de Cannes will close tonight Saturday 19 May with the Awards ceremony due to start at 1715GMT. Australian actress Cate Blanchett, in her role of President of the Jury, will announce the prestigious Palme d'Or.
Newcomer Polish director Pawel Pawlikowski is one of the favourite to get to the top prize for his black and white love story "Cold War", as well as Japanese director Kore-Eda Hirokazu for "shoplifters". Russia's Kirill Serebrennikov also stands a chance with "Leto" (Summertime), about the 1980's Russian pop sensation Viktor Tsoi. Italian directors Matteo Garrone' revenge movie "Dogman" and Alice Rohrwacher for "Lazzaro Felice" are also seen as serious contenders. Another female director, the Lebanese Nadine Labaki was applauded on La Croisette for her plight of illegal immigrants and the exploitation of their children in "Capharnaum".
The 9-Members jury, which includes US star Kristen Stewart, Canadian director Denis Villeneuve and Russian independent film-maker Andrey Zvyagintsev, will also award the festival prizes for best director, best actor and actress.
EUROVISION Special Events will offer the following facilities from its unique location offering a splendid view and background on the red carpet and famous stairs, as well as the Croisette boulevard and Mediterranean sea:
- - HD/SD Stand-up position for Live programme inserts, overlooking the red carpet & famous stairs
- - HD/SD Stand-up position for Live programme inserts from the location of your choice (NB: add. set-up costs may apply for locations beyond the Martinez Hotel)
- - Use of EUROVISION ideal stand-up location overlooking the red carpet with client's own camera. Lights provided. Possibility to film the arrivals on the red carpet from there with a good zoom. -Subject to availability-.
- - HD/SD Playout (P2 & SDI Output)
- - Non-linear Editing with Editor (minimum 2-hours booking)
- - ENG Crew
- - Bi-cam Studio upon request
- - Production and transmission packages upon request
- - HD/SD EUROVISION FLEX IP Hybrid connectivity with delivery on the Eurovision Global Network (Garanteed broadband from the feedpoint).
We plan to be operational from Monday 07th May afternoon, Time TBA.
RatecardLog in to view ratecard
EUROVISION Special Events
The producer is Nathalie Minard: +41 126.96.36.199 or +33 7 68 55 78 47
Boulevard La Croisette, 6
Type code: 019 & ring the bell sign at the 2 x doors downstairs so we open them for you (or Ring bell name: LE BORGNE.). Pls, PUSH the doors as they don't open automatically.
-5th Floor -door on your right hand coming out of elevator-
The feedpoint is now above CHANEL boutique, accross the red carpet & stairs.
Note the elevator only works if we remotely opened the 2nd door for you.
NB: ACCREDITATION NOT REQUIRED TO ACCESS OUR FEEDPOINT.
Please, allow enough time to access the building during red carpet events as the Croisette gets very crowded.
Cannes Film Festival - EUROVISION main Stand-up background - daylight.
Cannes Film Festival - EUROVISION main Stand-up background at night.
-- IFB 1: +33.4.97.06.54.15
-- IFB 2: +33.4.97.06.53.32