Special Events Senior Producer
Head of Special Events:
71st Cannes Film Festival
08-19 May 2018
The 71st Festival de Cannes will open one day earlier than in previous years with the screening of Asghar Farhadi's new film "Everybody Knows" (Todos lo saben) in competition, starring glamorous Spanish couple Penelope Cruz & Javier Bardem. The festival will also close one day earlier, on Saturday 19th May 2018 with the awards ceremony.
Australian actress Cate Blanchett will be president of the jury of this edition. “I have been to Cannes in many guises over the years; as an actress, producer, in the marketplace, the Gala-sphere and in Competition,” she declared, “but never solely for the sheer pleasure of watching the cornucopia of films this great festival harbours.”
Cate Blanchett follows Pedro Almodóvar, Jury President of the 70th edition, whose jury awarded the Palme d’or to The Square by Swedish director Ruben Östlund. The selection of movies for this 71st festival will be announced on 12 April.
EUROVISION Special Events will offer the following facilities from its unique location offering a splendid view and background on the red carpet and famous stairs, as well as the Croisette boulevard and Mediterranean sea:
- - HD/SD Stand-up position for Live programme inserts, overlooking the red carpet & famous stairs
- - HD/SD Stand-up position for Live programme inserts from the location of your choice (NB: add. set-up costs may apply for locations beyond the Martinez Hotel)
- - Use of EUROVISION ideal stand-up location overlooking the red carpet with client's own camera. Lights provided. Possibility to film the arrivals on the red carpet from there with a good zoom. -Subject to availability-.
- - HD/SD Playout (P2 & SDI Output)
- - Non-linear Editing with Editor (minimum 2-hours booking)
- - ENG Crew
- - Bi-cam Studio upon request
- - Production and transmission packages upon request
- - HD/SD EUROVISION FLEX IP Hybrid connectivity with delivery on the Eurovision Global Network (Garanteed broadband from the feedpoint).
We plan to be operational from Monday 07th May afternoon, Time TBA.
RatecardLog in to view ratecard
EUROVISION Special Events
The producer is Nathalie Minard: +41 22 717 28.44
Boulevard La Croisette, 6
Type code: 019 & ring the bell sign at the 2 x doors downstairs so we open them for you (or Ring bell name: LE BORGNE.). Pls, PUSH the doors as they don't open automatically.
-5th Floor -door on your right hand coming out of elevator-
The feedpoint is now above CHANEL boutique, accross the red carpet & stairs.
Note the elevator only works if we remotely opened the 2nd door for you.
NB: ACCREDITATION NOT REQUIRED TO ACCESS OUR FEEDPOINT.
Please, allow enough time to access the building during red carpet events as the Croisette gets very crowded.
Cannes Film Festival - EUROVISION main Stand-up background - daylight.
Cannes Film Festival - EUROVISION main Stand-up background at night.