Special Events Manager:
131st IOC Session & Election of the 2024 Olympic Host City
11 - 16 September 2017
The election of the city that will host the 2024 Summer Olympics will take place on 13 September during the 131st IOC session held in Lima, Peru from 13 to 16 September. The two remaining candidate cities are Los Angeles and Paris. The session will be preceded on 11 and 12 September by a meeting of the IOC Executive Board (EB).
On 11 & 12th of July, during the candidate cities briefing in Lausanne, the full committee membership will vote on a recent Executive Board's proposal to award the 2024 and 2028 Summer Games at the same time in September. If approved, this unprecedented move would effectively guarantee that Paris and Los Angeles, each will host the event in the next decade.
Los Angeles has held the Games twice already, in 1932 and 1984. Paris has come to be seen as the front-runner for the 2024 bid, which would be 100 years after it lasts hosted it in 1924.
BROADCAST COVERAGE OF THE IOC SESSION
The international signal will be in HD-SDI 1080i 59.94Hz
Eurovision will provide live world feeds distribution of various events, including:
- Presentation by Los Angeles, USA
- Media Conference by Los Angeles, USA
- Presentation by Paris, France
- Media Conference by Paris, France
- 2024 Olympic Games Host City Vote
- Announcement Ceremony of the 2024 Host City
Click here for the full programme scheduled in local time (GMT -5)
Click here to see the list of World Feeds planned (Section B.2.1).
To access the Live World Feeds, please state your participation and specify which transmission(s) with the Reference(s) you would like to receive by completing the Broadcaster Questionnaire and sending it to: email@example.com
Deadline to book 21st July 2017.
OBS has appointed Eurovision Special Events as its official Broadcast Services Provider during this 131st IOC Session in Lima.
Eurovision Special Events will provide live HD world feeds distribution of the IOC Session and a full range of onsite broadcast services:
Click here to see the complete Rate Card B for Broadcast services.
- HD / SD Standup position for Live programme inserts
- Multi-cameras Studios on request (Deadline to order: 21 July)
- HD / SD Playout (P2 & own client camera or player SDI output)
- Technical access to HB signals HD-SDI in non-equipped workspaces (Section B.1)
- Live World Feeds distribution of IOC Session coverage (Section B.2.1)
- HD / SD Connectivity to the Eurovision Global Network
Deadline to order: 21st July 2017.
EUROVISION Special Events
+41 22 717 28 40
The onsite producers will be:
Lima Convention Centre (LCC), near the Museo de la Nación
Nuevo centro de convenciones de Lima
Address: Calle Comercio, San Borja 15021, Peru