Manager of Special Events:
IRAN PRESIDENTIAL ELECTION
18-20 May 2017
Iranian presidential elections are scheduled to be held on 19 May 2017.
This vote will be the twelfth presidential election held in Iran and it will coincide with local council elections.
Candidates have begun registering for the vote including President Hassan Rouhani, his close ally Hamid Baghai and former President Mahmoud Ahmadinejad. Hard-line cleric Ebrahim Raisi, a close ally of the country's supreme leader Ayatollah Ali Khamenei, has also announced he will run while Ahmadinejad’s return has flamed division among the Iranian regime’s senior ranks.
Rouhani is a moderate who engineered Iran’s 2015 nuclear deal with world powers that secured a removal of international financial and trade sanctions against Tehran.
Rouhani won election by a landslide in 2013 on a platform of ending the Islamic Republic’s international isolation.
EUROVISION Special Events will offer the following facilities onsite:
- HD/SD Standup position for Live programme inserts
- HD/SD Playout
- Special Production and Transmission packages available upon request
- EUROVISION FLEX IP Hybrid connectivity to the Eurovision Global Network
Eurovision Special Events is planning to offer up on availability the following locations:
- Husseiniye Ershad Polling Station: Hosseiniyeh Ershad, Zarrabkhaneh, Tehran (GPS Coordinates: 35.756800, 51.447993)
- Al-Nabi Mosque Polling Station: Al-Nabi Mosque, Nabovat Square, Narmak, Tehran (GPS Coordinates: 35.730846, 51.493247)
- Iranian Ministry of the Interior: Iranian Ministry of the Interior, Dr. Fatemi St., Fatemi Sq., Tehran (GPS Coordinates: 35.719168, 51.403032)
- Studios and rooftop standup position: 6. East 2nd St., 24 Metri Blvd., Sa'adat Abad, Tehran (GPS Coordinates: 35.789737, 51.384435)
RatecardLog in to view ratecard